- About H.I.T.
- Why H.I.T?
- Places to Visit
- What Our Customers Say?
Haslemere Independent Taxis (HIT) is a growing group of taxi drivers who work in co-operation through a single phone number offering a comprehensive service to Haslemere and its surrounding community. As such it is a becoming one of the larger taxi services in Haslemere.
HITS operate from Haslemere mainline railway station transporting customers on social or business to and from many leisure and business premises. All HITS drivers have a good knowledge of Haslemere itself, the surrounding area and the London airports.
We can provide cars for business and social events to move people from one venue to another, such as weddings, parties and business social events.
- All drivers have been checked against the Criminal Records Bureau.
- Drivers have undergone and passed extra driving tests with Waverley Borough Council.
- All have a good working knowledge of Haslemere, the surrounding area and the main transport services in the the south.
- All vehicles are able carry 4 passengers with a reasonable amount of luggage.
- For special events, weddings and similar larger vehicles are available.
- Wheelchair facilities are not available without prior arrangement.
- The phone will be answered whenever you ring.
- You will speak directly to the driver that will carry you.
- You can pay by in the car using any of the major credit and debit cards, including American Express.
- We look to continually improve the service we provide by listening to your expectations.
Our fares are governed by Waverley District Council who regulate Hackney Carriage and Private Hire for Haslemere while our private hire prices are negotiable so please call or email Haslemere Independent Taxis for a quote.
From Waverley District Council:-
Taxis (hackney carriages) are operated by people (proprietors) running them as a business. Proprietors make their own business decisions within the framework permitted by Waverley Borough Council.
They may charge the fares shown on the fare chart as a maximum, and it is at the discretion of the proprietor of the vehicle or the licensed driver, depending on their own arrangements, to charge less. They may not, however charge more than the fares shown on the chart.
The vehicles and their drivers must each hold separate licences from Waverley. Also:
- both the vehicle and the driver should be presentable
- they must carry evidence of the vehicle licence in a visible position - a white licence plate on the rear outside, and a sign in the in the front passenger-side windscreen, both will have the same licence number
- the vehicle licence number is repeated on the fare chart, which should be clearly visible to passengers in the vehicle
- the vehicle will also carry a 'taxi' roof sign.
- the driver will wear a badge which includes his/her photograph, driver licence number and expiry date. The badge must be valid (not out of date) and you may ask to see it
- the driver will have undergone checks to achieve the licence, as will the vehicle, so there should be no problem with asking to see the (up-to-date) driver badge and vehicle licence plate/front window disc. A licensed driver will be proud to show this to you
- No-one should enter a car if they suspect that either it or the driver may not be properly licensed.
Spread Eagle Midhurst
"Mike has been ferrying me around now for over a decade. Not only has he proved himself unfailingly reliable and punctual, with reasonable charges, but we have become good friends. I unreservedly recommend his taxi service."
Godfrey Garrat - January 2011
"I have used Mike Allen since 1993 and found him to be a very amiable chap, hugely reliable and always on time and very flexible if I am occasionally running late! I strongly recommend him."
Mark Tracy - September 2011
"I've used Mike, Mischa and team for 6 years. They are always punctual, completely reliable and very willing to assist at very short notice. I recommend them as the best local taxi firm in Haslemere. "
Rafe Morton - December 2011
"I am a regular business traveller and when I moved to the area 4 years ago I needed someone reliable that I could depend on to do pick up and drop offs at all the London airports.
Mike and his team were recommended to me by a friend in the area and I have now been using Mike for the last 4 years. He has always conducted himself in the most professional manner and has been reliable from day one. I always know that after a long haul flight back into London that there will be someone at the airport to meet me.
If we need a taxi job in the local area his attitude is no different to doing a drop off at the airport.
I would not hesitate in recommending Mike and his team to anyone no matter how big or small the job might be."
Michael Beattie - December 2010
" Mike and his team have been looking after me and the whole family for the past five years now. Whether it's early mornings to the airport, late nights from london, school pick-ups and drop-offs, or just a trip to the local shops, Mike is always there for us. Well done to all and keep up the good work! "
Manu - January 2011
‘’I have found Mike and his team provide an excellent taxi service for airport runs. They are professional and friendly, always contactable should plans change at the last minute, and are 100% reliable’’
Mr A Sansum, Haslemere - January 2011